If you are a California resident, please view our California Privacy Notice here.
If you are a Nevada resident, please view our Nevada Privacy Notice here.
If you are a Canadian resident, please view our Canadian Privacy Notice here.
This Policy contains the following sections:
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Children Under 18
- Choices Regarding Your Information
- Storage and Transfer of Information
- Third-Party Links
- How to Contact Us
- Changes In Policy
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Account Information. Certain portions of the Platform allow you to create a user account. In connection with that account, we may collect your username and password.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform.
- Purchase and Billing information. For example, if you make a purchase, we or our vendors may collect your credit or debit card number and your billing address.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased. We may also collect personal information about your purchasing habits, or consuming history or tendencies.
- Company and Employment Information. If you purchase products on behalf of a business, we may collect basic information about your company. This may include your company’s name and contact information. This may also include information about your role, including your job title.
- Social media information. We may collect posts you make on our social media pages or your social media profile information.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Usage Information. We may collect information regarding how you use the Platform. For example, we may collect information regarding what Platform features are useful or most frequently used.
- Technical Information. If you use our Platform, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. For example, we might collect your information when:
- Submit a comment, question, or product review;
- Make a purchase;
- Refer a friend;
- Participate in a promotion or download a coupon;
- Contact our support team;
- Sign up to receive our emails or newsletters;
- Interact with our social media pages; or
- Otherwise interact with us
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform. We may also have third parties collect personal information this way.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including analytics vendors and online advertising networks;
- Social media platforms; and
- Other third parties who provided your information because they think you may be interested in our products or services.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Run and Improve Our Platform and Business. We may use your information to make our Platform and business better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account, transactions, or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Provide You With Products and Services. This may include fulfilling your orders.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about current or new products, or other types of ads. We might use your information to serve you with ads. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also have our business partners serve you with ads about our products and services. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You. This includes using your information for our legitimate business needs.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate entities.
- On Our Platform. If you submit a product review, we may post your review on our Platform.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include payment processors and companies that send emails on our behalf. It may also include companies that run our Platform, provide analytics or marketing services, or help fulfill orders for us
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if we merge with, are acquired by, or sell part of our business to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization, or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- Where You Have Asked Us to Share Your Information with a Third Party.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
Our Platform is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you receive from us. Note that even if you opt out of our promotional emails, you will still receive transactional messages from us.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do this depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options
- If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection.
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics on our Platform to help us understand how you use our Platform. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook: We may use Facebook cookies to target ads to you. You can learn about how to opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ds/preferences/
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use, and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section (our “California Privacy Notice”) describes our personal information practices, both on the Platform and offline, and contains the required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this California Privacy Notice does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect:
- From our workforce members or prospects for employment-related purposes; or
- In the course of certain business-to-business transactions.
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for either a “commercial purpose” or a “business purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA.
- We may collect personal information as described in the “HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section above.
- We may use personal information we collect for “business purposes” and “commercial purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA. These purposes are as described in the “HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section above.
- We may share personal information we collect with third parties as described in the “HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section above.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request, specify which right you are exercising, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
Additional Information About California Privacy Rights. If you reside in California, you also have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at email@example.com. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” request, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
This section (our “Nevada Privacy Notice”) outlines certain rights for Nevada residents. If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. We do not currently engage in the “sale” (as defined by 603A) of personal information. That stated, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
If you are a resident of Canada, you have a right to request access to your personal information. You may also request a correction to it if you believe your information is inaccurate. If you would like to have access to the personal information, we have about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access personal information in circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for other legal reasons. To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to verify your identity, or the authority of your agent, before granting access.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable physical, technical, and organizational means to help safeguard personal information under our control. Usernames and passwords are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
Personal Information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third-party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes described in this Policy, or otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Personal Information processed and stored in another country, including the United States, may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Platform or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES IN POLICY
©2021 Crown Products, Inc. All rights reserved.